- ShelbyGo operates on a schedule. It is NOT a Taxi service. Call 317-398-7614 to ask if there is a time available on the day you would like to ride but chances are, we will be booked. It is always best to call in as soon as you know you want or need to go somewhere. The earlier you call the better, and remember, we can schedule your rides for up to one month at a time.
- ShelbyGo does not make any appointments after 3 p.m. ShelbyGo hours are 8a.m.-4:30p.m. You may call after hours and leave your cancellation, but no appointments can be made at that time.
- ShelbyGo drivers cannot make appointments for you, or relay messages to the office. You must call in and schedule your own ride. ShelbyGo will arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled ride to pick you up. Please make sure the snow and ice are removed from your porches, driveway, and walkways too. We cannot pick you up if these areas are not clear.
- Tune in to TV channels 6 and 13, as well as, WSVX radio 96.5 to see and hear the weather closings and delays for ShelbyGo and The Horizon Centers. ShelbyGo will also call you if you are scheduled or a ride on a day that we have to close.
The staff of Shelby Senior Services extends a special thank you to Mike Freeman and the entire Shelby County Fair Board for its generosity in giving ShelbyGo a nice covered place to park its vehicles. The drivers no longer have to stand outside in the extreme temperatures to clean off the vehicles, and wait long periods of time for them to warm up. We are all very grateful and appreciate your kindness.
The ShelbyGo Loop operates inside city limits on a deviated fixed route Mondays through Fridays, from 8:50a.m. to 2:50p.m.
|Time (Morning)||Stop Location|
|Time (Afternoon)||Stop Location|
Within Shelbyville: $3 per boarding
Outside a 4-mile radius from downtonwn: $6 per boarding
Passengers 60 years of age and older are encouraged to make donations. Personal assistants may accompany any passengers who need more assistance than a driver can provide. There is no charge for assistants.
Have correct change ready. Locked money boxes are available for your donations and ShelbyGo and LOOP fares. Drivers cannot make change.
- We do not schedule rides after 3 p.m. unless they are one way only. We run on a schedule. ShelbyGo is NOT a taxi. Most times, you cannot get same day rides unless you board the Loop bus at one of its stops, or there has been a cancellation of a ride.
- ShelbyGo operates in SHELBY County. If you are under 60 years of age, there is a fee of $3 each time you ride in town. If you travel to the county, the fee is $6 each way. ALL rides to the Casino, no matter what your age, will be $6 each way.
- If you are older than 60 years of age, we strongly encourage donations. ShelbyGo counts on your donations no matter how much you give. Every bit counts!
- Please schedule your rides as soon as possible. ShelbyGo’s schedule fills up quickly and it can be tough to schedule a ride with just a day or two notice. Make sure you schedule all the stops you want to make when you call in. We cannot add stops the day of your ride as we need to make time for each place stopped. It’s much better to have a few stops planned, even if you decide not to go to all of them, rather than try to fit a stop in. Drivers do not usually have the time to make unscheduled stops. Please keep this in mind as we have other clients scheduled.
- Riders should practice good hygiene and wear protective garments as needed.
- Indiana law states that children birth to 8 years of age must ride in an infant or booster seat. The seat must be secured and provided by the parent/guardian. Drivers CANNOT assist.
- All passengers are required by law to wear seatbelts. Refusal to do so will result in ShelbyGo cancelling your ride.
- No profanity, eating, drinking, and use of tobacco products are not allowed on vehicles.
- Carry-On Packages: Drivers can assist with packages, but they are not allowed to handle anything over 20 pounds. All items must be able to be secured. No large, bulky, or hazardous items allowed. The number of bags is up to driver discretion. All bags are to be taken with you at your stops. No bags of any kind or personal belongings are to be left on the vans. Please schedule your stops accordingly.
- We ask that you clear your walk ways, driveways and porches of any ice and/or snow. Drivers will not transport you if these areas are not cleaned off, nor will they drive on such conditions on your property.
- There will be no arguing or fighting on any of the vehicles. If you do so, you will be dropped off at the closest safe place and if need be, the proper authorities will be called. Aggressive behavior can and will get you suspended at the discretion of myself, the transportation director.
- Any questions or concerns need to be directed to the ShelbyGo office at 317-398-7614.
- Lost Items: ShelbyGo is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. To check on lost items, you may call 317-398-7614.
Please inform scheduler if any of the following apply:
- Wheelchair, walker, portable oxygen, service animals
- Vision or hearing difficulty
ShelbyGo will make every attempt to accomodate your mobility needs. If any questions arise we will make recommendations which can help ShelbyGo transport you safely. ShelbyGo vehicles have safety specifications for wheelchair weight and dimensions. Please inform scheduler if your wheelchair is more than 29 inches wide.
Cancellation and No-Show Policy
Please give 24 hours notice for cancellation. The transportation director will consider extenuating circumstances.
ShelbyGo passengers who miss their ride or do not cancel will have to pay for the unnecessary trip before any future trips will be provided.
- Three no-shows or late cancellations within a month may result in suspension of service for up to 30 days.
- Late cancellations after you have been suspended twice in the past 12 months may result in suspension of service for up to 60 days.
- After you have been suspended twice in the past 12 months your suspension could be up to one year.
“No-show”: When a driver shows up at the appointed time and you are either not there or you cancel when the driver arrives. It is also a no-show if you call to cancel and the driver is en route.
Transportation services are provided without regard to race, gender, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, or age.
Out of County
Need transportation outside of Shelby County?
ShelbyGo out-of-county trips are limited to medical appointments for residents ages 60 and older, only to the counties surrounding Shelby. These trips are provided on a sliding fee scale and are subject to the availability of drivers and vehicles. It is best to schedule a week ahead of time.
New Freedom Transportation Voucher Program
Lack of adequate transportation often is a barrier for individuals of any age with a disability. CICOA’s New Freedom Transportation Voucher Program, funded locally through a Federal Transit Authority grant awarded by the Indianapolis Public Transit Corporation (IndyGo), helps reduce that barrier.
New Freedom affords individuals with a disability access to transportation services within the Central Indiana Region. The program serves a broad range of people with disabilities including those with vision impairments, people requiring assistive devices for mobility, and those undergoing treatments that may impair driving ability or make it difficult for them to access regular public transportation.
Please note that there is a waiting list for the New Freedom Transportation Voucher Program. After submitting a completed application packet, qualified individuals will be notified that they have joined the waiting list.About New Freedom Transportation Voucher Program
Qualified consumers may purchase up to 10 vouchers per month from CICOA at $6.00 per voucher. Vouchers may be used for any purpose. The New Freedom Transportation Provider Guide is distributed to all qualified consumers. Transportation provides listed in this guide accept New Freedom Vouchers as payment for services rendered. Many providers will transport consumers across county lines. One attendant may accompany a consumer at no additional charge. Utilization of these vouchers does not require Medicare or Medicaid eligibility.
There is a limit on the number of vouchers CICOA can issue per month. When this limit is reached, clients will be asked to call back the next month. Active and wait-listed clients will have the option to purchase full-price vouchers at $20 per voucher.
The New Freedom Transportation Voucher program is open to consumers of any age with a disability that limits their access to regular public transportation. This program serves consumers in Marion County and the surrounding counties.
Vouchers are issued to a specific consumer, not an agency, and are non-refundable and non-transferable. There is no minimum requirement on the number of vouchers that an individual must purchase. New Freedom vouchers expire 60 days from the date they are issued. We cannot allow exchanges, so please be sure to use all current vouchers prior to the expiration date printed at the bottom of each voucher.
Once the consumer receives the vouchers, it is their responsibility to contact an agency from the New Freedom Transportation Provider list to schedule trips. At the time of pick-up, the consumer will present the voucher(s) to the transportation provider to pay for the trip.
How to Get Started
To use the New Freedom Transportation Voucher Program, consumers must first complete an eligibility application and submit a medical verification form. Please refer to the application procedure below:
Review the program information and eligibility requirements.
- Complete an Application (English or Spanish), or call CICOA’s Way2Go Transportation Department at 317-803-6020.
- If someone other than the consumer will be ordering or picking up New Freedom vouchers, a Proxy Form authorizing this representative must be completed and returned with the application. Separate forms must be completed for each authorized representative. Proxy forms can be completed at any time.
- See your Primary Care Physician for completion of the Medical Verification Form.
- Applicants who have already been certified through IndyGo Open Door can submit a copy of their Open Door Certification instead of the Medical Verification Form.
- Return the Eligibility Application and Medical Verification Form to the Way2Go Transportation Department. Only complete application packets will be reviewed.
Scan and email to: email@example.com
Fax to: (317) 803-6151
Mail to: CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions,
ATTN: Way2Go Transportation, 4755 Kingsway Drive, Ste. 200,
Indianapolis, IN 46205
Visit our offices: 4755 Kingsway Drive, Ste. 101, Indianapolis, IN 46205.
Qualified applicants will be notified that they have joined the waiting list
If an applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements, they will be notified by mail.
When space becomes available in the program, waitlisted clients will be notified.
Once notified, an applicant will have 30 days to place an initial order. The Program Coordinator will help orient you to the program.
Clients who do not order within a 60 day period will be considered inactive. If clients wish to place an order after they have been deemed inactive, they will be added to the waiting list.
We look forward to assisting you through this process. For more information about the New Freedom Transportation Voucher Program, call 317-803-6020 (press 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.