- ShelbyGo operates on a schedule. It is NOT a Taxi service. Call 317-398-7614 to ask if there is a time available on the day you would like to ride but chances are, we will be booked. It is always best to call in as soon as you know you want or need to go somewhere. The earlier you call the better, and remember, we can schedule your rides for up to one month at a time.
- ShelbyGo does not make any appointments after 3 p.m. ShelbyGo hours are 8a.m.-4:30p.m. You may call after hours and leave your cancellation, but no appointments can be made at that time.
- ShelbyGo drivers cannot make appointments for you, or relay messages to the office. You must call in and schedule your own ride. ShelbyGo will arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled ride to pick you up. Please make sure the snow and ice are removed from your porches, driveway, and walkways too. We cannot pick you up if these areas are not clear.
- Tune in to TV channels 6 and 13, as well as, WSVX radio 96.5 to see and hear the weather closings and delays for ShelbyGo and The Horizon Centers. ShelbyGo will also call you if you are scheduled or a ride on a day that we have to close.
Within Shelbyville: $4 per boarding
Outside a 4-mile radius from downtonwn: $7 per boarding
Passengers 60 years of age and older are encouraged to make donations. Personal assistants may accompany any passengers who need more assistance than a driver can provide. There is no charge for assistants.
Have correct change ready. Locked money boxes are available for your donations and ShelbyGo fares. Drivers cannot make change.
- We do not schedule rides after 3 p.m. unless they are one way only. We run on a schedule. ShelbyGo is NOT a taxi. Most times, you cannot get same day rides unless you board the Loop bus at one of its stops, or there has been a cancellation of a ride.
- ShelbyGo operates in SHELBY County. If you are under 60 years of age, there is a fee of $4 each time you ride in town. If you travel to the county, the fee is $7 each way. ALL rides to the Casino, no matter what your age, will be $7 each way.
- If you are older than 60 years of age, we strongly encourage donations. ShelbyGo counts on your donations no matter how much you give. Every bit counts!
- Please schedule your rides as soon as possible. ShelbyGo’s schedule fills up quickly and it can be tough to schedule a ride with just a day or two notice. Make sure you schedule all the stops you want to make when you call in. We cannot add stops the day of your ride as we need to make time for each place stopped. It’s much better to have a few stops planned, even if you decide not to go to all of them, rather than try to fit a stop in. Drivers do not usually have the time to make unscheduled stops. Please keep this in mind as we have other clients scheduled.
- Riders should practice good hygiene and wear protective garments as needed.
- Indiana law states that children birth to 8 years of age must ride in an infant or booster seat. The seat must be secured and provided by the parent/guardian. Drivers CANNOT assist.
- All passengers are required by law to wear seatbelts. Refusal to do so will result in ShelbyGo cancelling your ride.
- No profanity, eating, drinking, and use of tobacco products are not allowed on vehicles.
- Carry-On Packages: Drivers can assist with packages, but they are not allowed to handle anything over 20 pounds. All items must be able to be secured. No large, bulky, or hazardous items allowed. The number of bags is up to driver discretion. All bags are to be taken with you at your stops. No bags of any kind or personal belongings are to be left on the vans. Please schedule your stops accordingly.
- We ask that you clear your walk ways, driveways and porches of any ice and/or snow. Drivers will not transport you if these areas are not cleaned off, nor will they drive on such conditions on your property.
- There will be no arguing or fighting on any of the vehicles. If you do so, you will be dropped off at the closest safe place and if need be, the proper authorities will be called. Aggressive behavior can and will get you suspended at the discretion of myself, the transportation director.
- Any questions or concerns need to be directed to the ShelbyGo office at 317-398-7614.
- Lost Items: ShelbyGo is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. To check on lost items, you may call 317-398-7614.
Please inform scheduler if any of the following apply:
- Wheelchair, walker, portable oxygen, service animals
- Vision or hearing difficulty
ShelbyGo will make every attempt to accomodate your mobility needs. If any questions arise we will make recommendations which can help ShelbyGo transport you safely. ShelbyGo vehicles have safety specifications for wheelchair weight and dimensions. Please inform scheduler if your wheelchair is more than 29 inches wide.
Cancellation and No-Show Policy
Please give 24 hours notice for cancellation. The transportation director will consider extenuating circumstances.
ShelbyGo passengers who miss their ride or do not cancel will have to pay for the unnecessary trip.
“No-show”: When a driver shows up at the appointed time and you are either not there or you cancel when the driver arrives. It is also a no-show if you call to cancel and the driver is en route.
Transportation services are provided without regard to race, gender, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, or age.