Operational rules during COVID-19
- To keep everyone safe masks will be required to be worn inside building. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
- No-touch temperatures will be taken when entering building. If over 99 degrees you will be asked to go home.
- We ask everyone to be 6 feet apart to ensure social distancing.
- Spaces are limited for each activity. Please call and make reservation ahead of time.
- To keep cross contamination from occurring and to ensure safety: you may bring in individual beverages but no sharing is allowed.
- No food will be allowed.
- Please know that the Executive Director, Staff and Board of Directors are trying to ensure seniors safety while providing services and programs.
Mondays in December, 9:30 a.m. – Center Social and Open Crafting Please join us for a chance to socialize with other seniors in our community. This is also an open crafting session. You are welcome to bring a craft that you want to work on, paint, do adult coloring, knit, crochet, etc… Gather with others for a fun way to kick off the week. Activity is limited to the first 9 people who call to register.
Wednesday, December 2nd , 9th and 30th – Crafty Wednesday We will be getting crafty with some fun things in the month of December. See the activity calendar for details.
Thursday, December 3, 1:30 p.m. – Shelbyville Trivia and History with the Grover Museum Join us for a fun afternoon with Shelbyville Trivia and Learning about History of Shelbyville. Come spend an afternoon and test your knowledge of Shelbyville.
Thursdays in December, 9:30 a.m. – POKENO. Since we can’t play cards right now we have the next best thing – POKENO! If you have never played – you need to give it a try. Fun for everyone.
Wednesday, December 9, 1:30 p.m. – Clutter Free Presentation with Purdue Extension Sign up to listen to some helpful ways to become Clutter Free with Purdue Extension. Get ready for 2021 and parting with items that just might be weighing you down. What can you do without and what do you need to keep?
Friday, December 11, 1:30 p.m. – Mint Sugar Scrub Have you been practicing Self Care in 2020? Come make a cute jar of Mint Sugar Scrub. It is nice to keep for personal use or make one for a friend for Christmas.
Friday, December 18, 1:30 p.m. – Jeopardy. Come play Jeopardy at Shelby Senior Services. This is just like the popular TV Game Show. You are not going to want to miss this!
Friday’s in December at 9:30 a.m., – Bingo. We have limited room – so call to reserve your spot and play Bingo. For each game you win you will be entered into the monthly drawing for a $20 GC to Walmart sponsored by Walker Place. Call and reserve your spot today!
We will be CLOSED for the Christmas Holiday December 24th and 25th. Then again for New Years on December 31st and January 1st.
Happy Holidays to each and every one of you! This year has been quite the adventure. We have had to adapt to many changes and new ways of doing things. Having In-person and Virtual Activities has kept us busy. We are able to reach a bigger audience of seniors with both types of programming. We are able to reach people who can come to the center and those who are homebound. This is exciting and has helped us reach more seniors in our community and the world. We have been blessed to serve those in need during this pandemic. As we look forward to 2021 we are hopeful that things will continue to change for the better. We know that our seniors are resilient and that they will continue to be served by us in whatever capacity we can. If you have not been to the Grover Museum – please go and check out our tree. You might even recognize a few familiar faces. May you and yours be blessed this holiday season. Know that you all hold a special place in my heart today and always!
We all understandably have COVID Fatigue and it’s easy to forget to remember! However, the upcoming weeks are critical. Let’s all renew our diligence to protect ourselves and one another by:
- Routinely wearing our face coverings
- Washing our hands and using hand sanitizer regularly
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces frequently
- Practicing social distancing whenever we are outside our intimate family and friend bubbles
- Keeping groups small and socially distanced when we are together. Best wishes in 2021.