September has arrived and with it is the slightest hint of autumn. Fall is my favorite season so the cooler days can’t get here fast enough! With the uncertainty around COVID-19 and the coming months, plan out some fall activities you can do while maintaining social distancing. Now is the time to do those outdoor activities August is just too hot for. Indiana weather is unpredictable so take advantage of the coming warm days with a cooler fall breeze.
1. Gardening: Start a fall garden with lettuce, spinach, green onion, or radishes. Pick the last of your summer produce. No room outside? Start a container garden indoors. Dig up bulbs to replant next year or plant spring flowering bulbs in preparation for next year.
2. Outdoor cleaning: Wash those windows you’ve wanted to get to. Clean up the yard to prep for next year. Put out those fall decorations to replace summer flowers.
3. Exercise outside: This weather is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of outdoor exercising. Take a walk around your neighborhood. Take the grandkids to play games in the park.
4. Visit a state park: Enjoy a drive through the hills and stop at some overlooks. Step out of the car and onto some trails. Take you family or pet with you and check out the great outdoors.
5. Change of produce: Take advantage of the fruits and veggies in season. Visit an orchard to pick some apples. Shop for plums and pears or cabbage and cauliflower while it’s at its best!