KIM’S KORNER SEPTEMBER 2019
WOW how times flies. We are looking at time where the temperatures are starting to get cooler, kids are back to school and it is getting closer to time for Open Enrollment for Health insurance. These are not my favorite thing to think about, but that time is upon us. At Shelby Senior Services you can sign up to be seen by a SHIP Counselor and they will help with you questions during this time. Please see the article below to have a better understanding of SHIP and how they can help with Open Enrollment.
Medicare Annual Enrollment 2020
Just around the corner … It’s that time again …
Get prepared … Be ready ….
Medicare Annual Enrollment dates are October 15 through December 7. Put these dates in your mind and on your calendar. Senior Services will have SHIP counselors available again this year at no cost to you. You will need to call and schedule an appointment. Your appointment time will be one hour per person. So, if you are a married couple or coming with your neighbor or friend allow one hour each. You can begin scheduling your appointments Monday, October 7 by calling Shelby Senior Services at 317-398-0127. You will be required to bring your current Medicare Card and your complete list of prescription drugs. Your appointment will not be able to be done without these two items.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Be sure Medicare has your current address on file … current zip codes are required.
- Begin to consider what will be your upcoming medical procedures next year.
- What treatment facilities will you be using next year? Clinic? Skilled Nursing? Hospital?
- What prescription medications are you taking now? Will you be taking these same ones next year? Review with you physician.
- Know your monthly income … you might be eligible for subsidies to reduce your medical costs.
- Consider if you want to change any of your plans … you can change prescription drug plans, you can change from Traditional Medicare to Advantage Care Medicare Plans, and you may need to change your Supplemental or Medigap Policies. You can change from Advantage Plans to Traditional Medicare. Do you want Dental or Vision coverage?
- What are your travel plans for 2020? … you may need to review your insurance plan to be sure you will have coverage.
- If you have questions about how to get prepared, call Shelby Senior Services and request to talk with a SHIP counselor.
Looking forward to seeing the prepared you!